CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System LA
Military Community Champion
- Code Honor Red, White & Blue – It is our privilege to care for servicemen and women. We owe them a profound debt of gratitude. Upon admission, patients will be identified as veterans and with their permission, a special flag magnet will be placed on the doorframe of their room so that our associates may recognize them during their stay and thank them for their service. Should a veteran die while in the hospital, a special flag tribute will occur with permission from the patient’s family. The hospital operator will announce overhead, “Attention please! Code Honor Red, White and Blue! Attention please! Code Honor Red, White and Blue!” Security will deliver a U.S. flag to the room and drape over the deceased’s body. Available associates will line the hallways to stand in honor of the veteran while Spiritual Care offers a prayer and reflection for the family. The family will then be gifted a bag for the veteran’s belongings, as well as a Military Challenge Coin and prayer card.
- Has hiring procedures to actively seek to hire military connected individuals (veterans, spouses, dependents) Help relating military positions to healthcare job opportunities. Ongoing financial support for veterans, reserve and military recognition activities.
- Guard / Reserve deployment: We have HR policies in place guaranteeing pay/position/etc. upon return.
- Has a certain percentage of staff that are military-connected.
- Accepting technical certification credit for military experience.
- Gives annually to a military related charitable cause/organization.
- Veteran disability accommodations.
- Bossier Chamber and Shreveport Chamber member.
- Attends Change of Command Ceremonies.
- Active in the Honorary Commander program with Barksdale Air Force Base since 2018.
- Serves as the American Heart Association’ Training Center for Trainer Certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardio Live Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS) for community trainers, including military personnel.
- Active Volunteer program, welcoming community members, including military to volunteer at our hospital facilities and gift shop.
CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System is committed to caring for our military, military families and veteran community through our hospitals, outpatient services and physician clinics across north Louisiana. We welcome all ages, and consider it a privilege and honor to provide our military families the full range of health care including birthing services, emergency care, imaging, physical therapy, wound care, comprehensive cancer and heart care.
CHRISTUS is a proud employer of former military, reservists, retired military and military family members. We value what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing and our commitment to quality health care. In return, we aim to create a culture where quality of work and quality of life live harmoniously, talent is recognized and each employee's unique passions and skills are nurtured to develop meaningful careers. We offer an outstanding benefit package, professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedules, matched savings plan (403b), success sharing and wellness programs. Our success as an organization is possible because of the skill, passion and character of our people.