Willis-Knighton Health System
Military Community Champion: Strategic Community Champion
- Have hiring procedures to actively seek to hire military connected individuals (veterans, spouses, dependents) Help relating military positions to healthcare job opportunities. Ongoing financial support for veterans, reserve and military recognition activities.
- Guard/Reserve deployment (salary differential/full pay/medical/same career path upon return)
- Have a certain percentage of your staff that are military connected
- Give annually to a military related charitable cause/organization
- Veteran disability accommodations
- Accept technical certification credit for military experience
Willis-Knighton Health System is a proud employer and supporter of active, reserve and retired military members and their families. As the largest hospital network in north Louisiana, we actively recruit and boast a large number of physicians, allied health, and support personnel who are military reservists, veterans or spouses/dependents of members of our country's military forces. Because we seek mission-oriented people, we believe people who have been associated with the military make us stronger through. These dedicated military-connected employees bring the type of strengths that have helped us to be listed among Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals and be named a Forbes Best in State Employer.
While not specific to just our ex-military or military families, we offer a scholarship program for high school graduates of our employees as well as a Defined Benefit Program which offers a retirement plan fully paid by Willis-Knighton (no employee contribution), with employees vested after five years.