Turbine/Heavy Diesel Mechanic
BJ Energy Solutions Bossier
JOB PURPOSE: The Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance and complex repairs on oilfield service equipment and diesel engine heavy trucks.
- Collaborate with Coordinators, Supervisors, and field crew members to diagnose cause of equipment/truck failures.
- Perform maintenance and complex repairs on truck mounted oilfield service equipment, hydraulic components, and heavy trucks.
- Maintenance and repairs may be conducted at the shop, in the field at the job site location, or roadside as needed.
- Work is regularly performed independently.
- Visually inspect and listen to equipment to check for proper performance and detect faults and malfunctions. Diagnose to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Work closely with Electronic Technicians to determine if cause of failure is mechanical or electrical.
- May assist in Electronics repairs by walking through repair over the phone.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with Shop Forman, Mechanics, and District Managers/Supervisors regarding status of maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in coordinating repairs and delivery of equipment to 3rd party companies as needed.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of less experienced Mechanics; act as a point of contact to provide advice and guidance to them in general repairs and troubleshooting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
The Mechanic II will be required to perform work inside the shop, as well as on job sites in the field and roadside.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability reach with hands and arms, and lift to 50 lbs. is required. The Mechanic will frequently be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. The vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
2nd year apprenticeship program / Certification required, or equivalent work experience.
2 years maintenance and repair experience with heavy-duty equipment, diesel trucks, and hydraulic systems
Able to work various schedules such as 10/4 ;10/6.
Able to travel up to 75% of the time.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Strong problem -solving skills; strong judgment and decision-making abilities.
Excellent verbal communication skills
PREFERRED – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
Mechanical training in the oilfield industry and knowledge of well servicing equipment preferred.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General