Manager of Leadership Giving
United Way of Northwest LA
United Way of Northwest Louisiana
Job Title Manager of Leadership Giving
Reporting To: Vice President of Donor Relations
Department Donor Relations
Exempt OR Non-Exempt Non-Exempt; Salary
Overall Purpose of this Role:
This position cultivates and stewards relationships to fulfill the passions and interests of donors, focusing on United Way of Northwest Louisiana’s leadership givers. The Manager of Leadership Giving will collaboratively work with Donor Relations team members on department initiatives, including but not limited to, workplace campaigns, events, and sponsorships to meet fundraising and donor stewardship goals and objectives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage UWNWLA major gifts program
- Qualify and manage an evolving caseload of leadership donors (goal of 100 individual donors) from UWNWLA’s existing donor pool.
- Create annual individualized goals and communication plans for each donor on the caseload based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential for the purpose of retaining and upgrading their giving.
- Work with staff to create donor proposals, secure gifts, report back to donors on their giving impact, and conduct ongoing stewardship activities.
- Develop and manage UWNWLA planned giving program in conjunction with major gifts activities.
- Plan and execute one leadership event annually, with the support of the Donor Relations team.
- Work with the Communications Manager to execute mailing campaigns and develop leadership print collateral
- Plan, organize, and conduct assigned workplace campaigns, engaging with corporate ambassadors to increase donor participation, thank donors for their support, and report back with results
- Secure sponsorships for Donor Relations events and assist in executing the events
- Ensure donor data is current, confidential, and supports organizational needs.
- Assist Donor Relations team members in additional fundraising activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university and/or combination of equivalent employment and education experience preferred.
- Five or more years’ related work experience in nonprofits and/or other cause-related entity preferred.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to be knowledgeable and articulate in stating United Way’s mission and vision and the case for support.
- Cognitive skills (written and oral communications, judgment, and teamwork).
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Innovative and creative thought processes – exceptional “out of the box thinking.”
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to work independently and manage time effectively. Personally accountable for results, expectations, timelines, and measures.
- Manages own work hours and is able to work outside the 8am to 5pm workday and weekends when necessary.
- Computer literate, proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Ability to travel within ten-parish footprint. Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
This position requires packaging and delivering supplies and participating in presentations, as well as off-site events. The following are required, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing allowing for effective communication in person, electronically, and by phone.
- Sufficient vision to prepare, review, and file a variety of electronic and written documents.
- Sufficient personal mobility and manual dexterity, which permits operation of a computer, periods of standing, walking, sitting and bending as necessary.
- Sufficient ability to lift, carry and/or load up to 50 lbs.
- Qualified donors from the larger pool of organizational donors that met the major gift and/or planned giving criteria and created reasonable goals for each donor based on giving potential.
- Developed and executed personal contact and ask plan for each donor on caseload that takes into account the individual donor’s passions, interests, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences. Executed this plan in a timely and cost-effective manner, which resulted in the retention and upgrading of donors.
- Executed planned giving activities that secured current and/or future gifts from past or present major donors and other prospective donors.
- Conducted workplace giving campaigns, with donor stewardship that led to retaining and upgrading giving.
- Contributed to the department meeting or exceeding fundraising goals through sponsorships, events, campaigns, mailers, etc.
- Ability to work well with the team and maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems. Ability to be a team player and protect the mission, goals and values of the organization.
Major Gifts and Planned Giving Metrics
- Qualify caseload of 100 donors
- Number of meaningful caseload connections
- Development and execution of stewardship plan
- Number of asks
- Donor retention and their performance year to year
- Total dollars raised or pledged
This description has been designed as a general statement to indicate the general nature and level of the work and may not list all duties. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Job Type : Contract, Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree