The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission is taking applications for a Manager of Food Services/Chef in our food services department. Candidates must be able to work in a Christian environment, be personable with a desire for ministry to broken and wounded lives, and be observant, work well with both our homeless guests and our community volunteers.
The Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission exist to pursue the Passion of Jesus Christ to lift up the hungry, homeless, abused and addicted.
“Changing our cities one life at a time”
As the Manager of Food Services, you will be directly responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of food every day. This position will see to it that all kitchen functions including: food purchasing, preparation and maintenance is of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees and guests in methods of cooking, plate presentation, portion and cost control/waste and sanitation and cleanliness. While maintaining a level head with strong strategic leadership skills, you are responsible for maximizing the productivity of the kitchen staff, cooks, culinary assistants, apprentices, and dishwashers. The manager of food services/chef is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a kitchen, but duties often will extend well beyond the kitchen. Candidates will also work outside of the kitchen in developing new recipes, planning menus, hiring or training cooks, maintaining an inventory of food supplies, following a food budget, doing purchase orders, reporting to the Executive Director, and completing other administrative tasks.
- Must have a valid ServSafe Certification, ServSafe Manager Certification is a plus
- Must have good time management skills, be able to multitask, and direct and manage multiple individuals during service
- Must have knowledge and skill to meet all applicable standards for food preparation with knowledge of applicable sanitation
- Must possess and exhibit high standards of personal cleanliness and hygiene
- Must be able to work well with other staff, guests, supervisors and suppliers
- Must be able to work flexible hours according to the needs of food service at the Mission
- Previous experience cooking and prepping meals in large quantities or commercial food preparation is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
This is a full-time salary position that includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to sbrescuemission.com and fill out application.