Apply online at https://ulsltu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/LATECHCareers/job/Ruston-La/Director-Of-Student-Success_R-258
The College of Business at Louisiana Tech University is seeking a highly qualified individual for a Director of Student Success. The College offers eight undergraduate majors and three graduate degrees serving nearly 1,500 students.
The Director of Student Success provides leadership and direction in the creation, establishment, and coordination of retention and student success initiatives at the College of Business at Louisiana Tech University. The Director of Student Success, in collaboration with multiple campus constituents, will be responsible for the implementation of student retention initiatives.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Collect, interpret, and maintain longitudinal data on student retention and graduation rates through collaboration with University Admissions, Institutional Research, and College of Business departments and generate reports for College, University, and accreditation purposes.
- Develop effective programming and coordinate events and services to support student development, out-of-classroom learning, and academic progress.
- Assist in updating, maintaining, and upholding the College of Business Student Retention Policy for undergraduate and graduate students; Promote the goals of retention and graduation to students, faculty and staff.
- Support and provide advisement to students, implement individualized plans for student success, and maintain regular follow up; Refer students to University services when needed.
- Serve as the primary advisor to at-risk students and students placed on academic probation in order to increase retention and improve graduation rates while upholding University and College policies.
- Assist students in the development of academic skills by offering tutoring programs, group study, and other academic support services.
- Serve as a committee member on a variety of university and college committees
- Administer, award, and maintain records for College of Business scholarships; Collaborate with University Admissions and Financial Aid offices to promote scholarships; Facilitate the scholarship review and selection process by overseeing the College of Business Scholarship Committee.
- Plan and execute College of Business donor/scholar appreciation events and manage scholarship donor stewardship through correspondence and student thank you notes.
- Be familiar with existing scholarship policies and procedures.
- Plan and execute student engagement events that promote retention.
- Represent the College of Business to prospective students, parents, counselors and other individuals and organizations involved in the college selection process and assist in student recruitment initiatives.
- Assist with the administration of new student orientation programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in counseling, psychology, higher education, business administration preferred
- Relevant experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show empathy, mentor, and relate to students
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with campus constituents
- Possess excellent organization, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness and ability to lead and manage change
The Director of Student Success is a 12-month full-time appointment. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Student Services and Placement in the College of Business.
Posting Close Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : ""