Community Affairs - Haynesville
Date: Jan 24, 2023
Location: Mansfield, LA, US, 71052-4692
Company: Chesapeake Energy
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. We realize that, historically, underrepresented groups feel the need to be 100% qualified in order to apply. If you meet any combination of our requirements, we encourage you to apply. We strive to hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
This position is responsible for building and developing long-term relationships, programs, and investments in the areas in which we operate. This employee will identify synergies between government and community organizations to leverage resources and develop sustainable community consensus. The person will reflect the company’s values through all external engagements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Builds and manages relationships with county commissioners, city council members and local officials by attending various government meetings.
• Maintains positive business relationships with key officials, community organizations and stakeholders to ensure a successful corporate/community partnership.
• Manages local Chamber of Commerce and other corporate professional organization memberships ensuring appropriate corporate contacts are maintained.
• Represents the company and its employees at community gatherings and/or forums.
• Effectively shares company’s messaging.
• Maintains and builds a working relationship with organizations in specific giving areas.
• Reviews charitable requests and prepares information for review.
• Coordinates research of a charitable organizations’ background, board members, financials and any other requested criteria.
• Produces and tracks check requests to process payments for charitable contributions and delivers checks in a timely manner to grant/donation recipients.
• Coordinates the planning of company events and corporate campaigns.
• Tracks project/event management through timeline execution, external/internal communications and internal involvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
• Strong knowledge of local current events, political climate, and industry topics.
• Strong knowledge of communication principles, media and marketing techniques.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
• Able to travel as necessary.
• Able to work nights and weekends as required.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university - Public Relations, Communications or related field
Minimum: 5 - 8 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation's operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Job Segment: Sustainability, PR, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Law, Energy, Legal, Marketing