Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program Director
The Bridge Alzheimer's & Dementia Resource Center LA
THE BRIDGE ALZHEIMER’S & DEMENTIA RESOURCE CENTER
POSITION TITLE: Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Make a difference in people’s lives! The Bridge Alzheimer’s & Dementia Resource Center seeks an experienced and visionary leader to serve as its Alzheimer’s and Dementia Program Director. This is a unique opportunity to make a social and positive impact by helping those families affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
About Us: The vision of the Bridge Alzheimer’s & Dementia Resource Center is to create a community where no one affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia makes the journey alone. Our mission is to provide resources, education, and support services for those in our community diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, as well as to their family members and caregivers, and to promote awareness in our community.
Organization Position Summary: The person best suited for this vocational call must be a licensed mental health professional committed to the community, experienced, highly organized, strong listening skills, non-judgmental attitude, and have the skill set and experience to perform in the different aspects of social services related to Alzheimer’s and related dementias. The Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program Director will provide hands-on leadership and direction for the implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of the organization’s education programs.
Qualifications for the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program Director
Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with the elderly, particularly those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, in a professional or personal setting
Candidate must have a master’s degree (M.S. or M.A.) in a mental health-related field such as psychology, counseling psychology, among others; or Licensure & Certification: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW); Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); master’s degree in social work (MSW); or a degree in gerontology
Candidate must have a deep interest in helping those affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia and the ability to empathize with their emotional and physical experiences
Candidate must be a proven leader who responds to challenges with an entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record to execute programs and inspire others
Candidate must be empathetic, patient, dependable, organized, perceptive, objective, persistent, flexible, resilient, and mission driven
Must have own vehicle with current and valid Louisiana driver's license
Essential Duties of the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Program Director
- Provide educational presentations in the communities, i.e., civic groups, church groups, healthcare facilities, etc.
- Develop and launch an educational program for facility staff and professionals
- Facilitate and/or manage caregiver support groups and other dementia related groups within the communities
- Create activities which benefit caregivers and loved ones affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias
- Meet and work with family members one-on-one; attend family meetings, if invited
- Help research the best resources for each individual client/family member/caregiver
- Teach families how to maintain their loved one’s dignity and nurture meaningful relationships throughout the disease progression
- Ensure that family and caregivers have a knowledgeable ally to give them confidence in making the best decisions they can; whether called in during the final months of life or involved even before the diagnosis
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets, and other tools used in data analysis and program tracking
Compensation: The salary for this position is $45K - $60K, depending upon experience. Health benefits package included.
Location: Based in Shreveport, LA and serving the geographical region of the 7 parishes in Northwest Louisiana.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume to Paulette Freeman, Executive Director, by email: email@example.com
Closing Date: March 25, 2022
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development